Conditions of culture and education utilizing of national park and its protective zone
(1) Basic rights and duties of the visitors are determined by law and special regulations 1).
(2) The area of the national park and its protective zone is accessible for the visitors particularly for the reason of cognition of the nature and education of its protection.
(3) The visitors are obliged to behave in such manner, so as there won't come to unnecessary damage of non-living parts of the nature, damage or perishing of plants and animals or damage and destroying of the environment including its polluting with waste, damage of the public appliances for accessing of the gills, appliances which provide information and disturbing of calmness and silence during the moving in the area of the national park and its protective zone.
(4) The visitors can walk outside of the built-up areas of the villages in the area of the national park only on the tourist and educational paths and on the places reserved for the moving of the visitors apart from the tourist and educational paths, if the moving there isn't restricted or forbidden and only in the time beginning with an hour after the sunrise and ending one hour before the sunset. This time limitation isn't valid for the reserved areas.
(5) The visitors can cycle outside the built-up areas of the villages in the area of the national park only on the cycle paths and only in the time beginning with an hour after the sunrise and ending one hour before the sunset and on the roads, local roads and in the protective zone of the national park and also on the tertiary roads, if the moving on them isn't restricted or forbidden.
(6) The visitors can walk with the dog only with the dog-lead and the muzzle in the area of the national park.
List of areas reserved for practicing of sports and leisure activities in the area of the national park and its protective zone and the conditions of their utilizing
A.) Downhill skiing and snowboarding:
In the territory of the National Park, it is only permitted in areas designated for skiing:
1) Mlynky - Biele Vody (White waters)
3) Dedinky - Dobšinská Maša
5) Hrabušice - Zelená hora (Green Mountain)
6) Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa (Donšiná Ice Cave), part Dolka
B) Cross-country skiing
In the National Park it is only permitted on designated ski trails:
1) Mlynky - Biele Vody - Okrúhla jama (Round Pit) - Havrania dolina (Raven Valley) - Mlynky
2) Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa
Skiers and trail maintenance vehicle are allowed to use these trails from one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset.
Using skis in the National Park off the designated cross-country skiing trails is only permitted on designated tour trails.
C) Rock Climbing:
Rock climbing is only permitted in the designated area of Tomášovský výhľad (Tomášovský View) from one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset.
D) Glacier climbing:
In the National Park, glacier fall climbing is only permitted from 1st December to 15th March in the calendar year from one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset in the designated areas:
1) Suchá Belá (Dry Belá) - main stream
3) Sokolia Dolina (Falcon Valley) - main stream
4) Kláštorská roklina (Monastery Gorge)
5) Letanovský mlyn (Letanovce Mill)
The climber is permitted only to ascend the hiking trail and in case of glacier falls descending is also permitted.
E) Boating (engineless and powered with electromotor):
In the National Park it is permitted only on water dam Palcmanská Maša excluding speed-boats.
Boat voyages on water dams using motor-boats in the National Park are forbidden.
F) Tenting, camping and bivouacking:
In the National Park, permitted exclusively in camping areas:
2) Čingov - Ďurkovec,
and within build-up area of communities.
G) Making fire outside closed buildings:
permitted on prepared fireplaces secured against free fire spreading in designated areas in the National Park and its protective zone observing special regulations
Designated areas are as follows:
a) Podlesok, Čingov - Ďurkovec, Dedinky camping areas
b) holiday resort areas: Čingov, Košiarny briežok, Podlesok, Dedinky, Dobšinská Maša, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa local part, Mlynky, Vernár
c) cottage and cottage settlement areas: Letanovský Mlyn, Kláštorisko, Konseif, Blajzloch, Hansjakubová, Stratenská Píla, Piesky, Novoveská Huta - Rybníky, Geravy
d) build-up area of communities
H) Motor and drawn vehicle entrance and parking:
1. In the territory of the National Park and its protective zone the entrance and parking of motor and drawn vehicles is permitted on roads and local communications except for the parking prohibited zone Hrabušická Píla - Sokol.
2. In designated areas of Košiarny briežok, Čingov, Podlesok, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa local part, Dedinky, Dobšinská Maša, Mlynky a Novoveská Huta - Rybníky, the entrance and parking of motor and drawn vehicles is permitted also to purpose-built communications.
3. In the National Park and its protective zone, the entrance and parking is permitted for motor vehicles marked with the transferable permission issued by the Administration of the National Park Slovenský raj (Slovak Paradise).
Designated and indicated car parks: Čingov, Čingov - Ďurkovec, Podlesok, Hrabušická Píla - settlement, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa local part, Dedinky - Hotel Priehrada, Dedinky - community, Dobšinská Maša, Mlynky - Prostredný Hámor, Mlynky - Biele Vody, Košiarny briežok.
J) The use of devices to reproduce music and spoken words outside closed buildings:
In the National Park and its protective zone, it is permitted to use devices for music and spoken word reproduction outside closed buildings as follows:
1. It is permitted
in the build-up area of the communities Dedinky, Dobšinská Maša, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa local part, Stratená, Vernár, Novoveská Huta, Smižany, Spišské Tomášovce, Letanovce, Hrabušice, Betlanovce, Hranovnica, Spišské Bystré, Smižanská Maša
b) at the football pitch in Vernár
c) at the football pitch in Mlynky
2. It is permitted in designated areas provided that
- the devices will not exceed the highest permitted limit of 50 dB
- the devices will be used from one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset
Designated areas are as follows:
a) holiday resorts Čingov, Podlesok, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa, Dobšinská Maša, Mlynky, Košiarny briežok, Čingov, Novoveská Huta - Rybníky
b) down ski-lift stations: Mlynky - Biele Vody, Dedinky, Dedinky - Dobšinská Maša, Vernár, Zelená hora, Mlynky, Spišské Bystré, Čingov - Ďurkovec.
K) Off-trail hiking:
In designated holiday resorts in the territory of the National Park and within the build-up area of communities in the National Park off-trail hiking is permitted without time limitations. Designated areas are as follows:
Košiarny briežok, Čingov, Letanovský Mlyn, Podlesok, Kláštorisko, Dobšinská Ľadová Jaskyňa local part, Stratenská Píla, Dedinky, Dobšinská Maša, Hrabušická Píla, Mlynky - Biele Vody.
Designated area limits for possible off-trail hiking of visitors:
In the locality of Hansjakubová, it is permitted to use the forest path within the length from the forest depot near the 3rd class road to the bridge over the inflow to Hansjakubová dam indicated by the information board.
L) Specific conditions for the use of hiking trails:
1. The gorges made available through technical devices enabling access may only be ascended.
2. Gorges made available in the National Park may be temporarily closed due to floodwater, other natural disasters, endangered ecosystems, technical device damage or excessive number of visitors. The visitors will be advised of the temporarily closed gorge on the information board at the entrance of the gorge.
3. In gorges made available for visitors, hiking is also permitted at the bottom of the gorge if the stream is frozen.
4. Hiking on the frozen flow of the river Hornád is permitted. The information on availability of the hiking trail Prielom Hornádu can be found on the information board of the Mountain Rescue Service at the entrance points in the neck of the river Hornád and Čingov.
M) Picking forest fruit and plants:
Picking forest fruit and plants excluding protected species stated in the special regulation is permitted in the National Park in the designated areas and marked hiking and education trails.